Saturday, July 25, 2009

An article on "Love"



Love.
Whats there really to it? I believe we have the ability to love, but I think with commericalism and exploitation we really mess it up royally. When your in love, I assume I'll feel rockets and shooting stars. If its not love, I'll feel textbooks.. apples even. Things that could not be analyzed as a feeling of love. I found a few pictures, from the book "Romance" by Chris Craymer. Which I instantly fell in " LOVE " with :)

Now, I'm completely unaware if this is posed, or real lovers, but I think they all show love in a way, I'd like to experience. But as I'm fifteen going on sixteen, I'm in no real rush to fall in " Love " whatever that really is. But I'm hoping it may stumble upon me on the way. That'd be wonderful. However, to bluntly move on from my wish, I'd like to draw to the conclusion that I've only ever felt something as my own equivalent of love, which was my first " boyfriend " and he ment quite the bit, but that ended. Thus figuring out it wasn't love as much as it was lust. Which brings me to another very fascinating idea. How many people aren't really in love? But they just lust the person they are with. Love as a definition by the Oxford dictionary, one I've come to greatly rely on, is " • noun 1 an intense feeling of deep affection. 2 a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone. 3 a great interest and pleasure in something. 4 a person or thing that one loves ". Which to me is pretty much an intense feeling. Now the Oxford dictionary defanition of Lust is " noun 1 strong sexual desire. 2 a passionate desire for something. 3 Theology a sensuous appetite regarded as sinful ". To me, they are incredibly different. Honestly, I'd rather love. By the dictionary definition.
xo.


1 comment:

  1. This is cute (:
    I don't know about anybody else, but I think I'd rather lust than love. Love, I assume, would hurt a lot when it ended - whereas lust, you would just get over it quickly and move on. Lust seems overall better, but...I don't know for sure, I guess.
    But good job, either way, and those pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete